Monday, 7 June 2010

Good Books and Quotes (Oh how I love you so!!!)

Yesterday while I was at work (alooooone!) and had nothing to do, I opened a journal that we are selling. It's called The Reading Woman and it is filled with quotes from famous female authors and there are many famous paintings of women readings included as well.

I thought I should include a few of these quotes since I love them so much:

Once in a very rare year, there comes a new book, and I say, as I am reading, as my eyes eat words without a blink, as my heart and mind grab each other, This, I say, is The Best Book. I know before the first page is gone. I sense it building. And as the book finishes, I go as slow as I can. I don't want to leave the book's world. - Jill Robinson
Fiction reveals truths that reality obscures. - Jessamyn West
We read books to find out who we are. What other people, real or imaginary, do and think and feel . . . is an essential guide to our understanding of what we ourselves are and may become. - Ursula k. Le Guin

Well that's all you get. If you want to read more, you'll have to buy the journal!!
Anyway, so I would also like to recommend a few books. I have just recently gone book shopping (I know, so close to exams you're all probably thinking I'm incredibly crazy) and bought some amazing books! Wings by Aprilynne Pike, The Various by Steve Augarde, and The Gypsy Crown by Kate Forsyth are all good reads. I'm already looking forward to the sequel of Wings (Spells) and The Various (Celandine).