Sunday, 29 August 2010

Grade Twelve

High school will be resuming on September 7th. This is a very scary time, but also extremely exciting, because it's my last year. This will be the year I'm applying for scholarships, universities and sitting at home obsessing about my marks. However it is also the year I will be going to PROM and it will be the only year of high school with my fourteen-year-old brother Mojojojo, who is starting grade nine in almost a week, so I think he's more excited than I am.

I'm pretty excited about the year after too. In 2011 I'll have commencement (official graduation with awards, etc), I'll be starting at a new school and I'll be meeting new people. And, OF COURSE, I'll be continuing my education! Personally, I love learning. Learning about things is a lot of fun, as long as it's not about math.

So, since school will be starting in little over a week, I have bought all of my school supplies. I have two binders, four course dividers, paper, pens, pencils, highlighters, pencil crayons, my french mini dictionary, my student package (with my student fees) and a four year old backpack.

Quote of the day: Today the world changes so quickly that in growing up we take leave not just of youth but of the world we were young in. Fear and resentment of what is new is really a lament for the memories of our childhood. - Sir Peter Medawar