Friday, 20 August 2010

Quotes on a Friday

I don't have much to blog about. I'm busy with my part-time job and they're adding more shifts (well, I'm taking them :P) if people can't come in. That means less time for writing and even less time for reading and word searches. Yes, I have a book full of word searches that I do. It's a lot of fun and certainly makes the time go by faster if it's a slow day at work.

Anyway, I'd like to share MULTIPLE quotes of the day so that I cover the past days I missed this week.

Quote of the day: It is our attitude at the beginning of a difficult task which, more than anything else, will affect its successful outcome. - William James

(I feel like this quote is great for writers.)

Quote of the day: A certain amount of opposition is a great help to man. Kites rise against, not with, the wind. - John Neal

Quote of the day: It wasn't the reward that mattered or the recognition you might harvest. It was your depth of commitment, your quality of service, the product of your devotion -- these were the things that counted in a life. When you gave purely, the honour came in the giving, and that was honour enough. - Scott O'Grady

Quote of the day: A man who lives right, and is right, has more power in his silence than another has by his words. - Phillips Brooks