Sunday, 1 August 2010

Rib Fest

On July 30 a few friends and I went downtown to the Rib Fest that was going on. There are always lots of festivals down at Victoria Park, such as Sun Fest, Home County Folk Fest, Blues Fest and Rib Fest. Usually at these events there are lots of tents set up for vendors. Sometimes the types of vendors depend on what the festival is. There are also lots and lots of places to buy food. At Rib Fest we have vendors coming all the way from Kentucky, and more! Those vendors specialize in selling ribs as well as chicken. My friends and I shared a full rack of ribs since there were only three of us. After we ate we kind of wandered around a bit. There are always all these people handing stuff out to you and trying to make you buy something. We walked past a gym's tent and this lady gave me a free weekend pass, which eventually made its way to the garbage. During our wanderings I decided I wanted a tattoo. Not a permanent one (because I'm terrified of needles), but a temporary one. I got an airbrushed tattoo of a dragon on the underside of my wrist. Then, when we were leaving, we got free Vitamin Water (more free handouts!). When I asked my dad if he liked my tattoo he said no. I asked him why and he said, "Because it's a tattoo," despite the fact that it only lasts a week. But I'm kind of worried about work. I know it's temporary, but I hope no one at work freaks out on me.