Wednesday, 8 September 2010

Thursday Post

Today was the third day of grade twelve. It was pretty intense, I must say. But not really since we were still discussing what would be happening this semester. I honestly think dance will be my hardest course this semester because I've already got about five things going on in the next few weeks for it.

In literature I'll be reading The Oxford Anthology of Canadian Literature, Fifth Business, The English Patient, Yesterday the Children Were Dancing and some other novels. I'm pretty excited because these are all good books.

In English I'll be reading Echoes 12 (textbook), Hamlet/King Lear, Heart of Darkness, The Theban Plays, and The Jade Peony/The Kite Runner. These are also good books.

I'll be doing quite a bit of writing as well so I don't think my writing will be hindered by any lack of practice due to courses or homework. I also had my first bit of homework for the year today. I had to finish some questions on "Canada: Case History" by Earle Birney. It was fairly easy, but I had to look up some literary terms because my brain was still in "summer mode".

Quote of the day: The trouble with people is not that they don't know but that they know so much that aint so. - Josh Billings