Thursday, 23 September 2010

United Way Football Game (Redfeather)

Today was South Collegiate Institute's Redfeather game. It's actually called the United Way football game, but no one ever calls it that. It's too long. We were playing against MTS (Mother Teresa), who we also happened to play when I was in grade nine, three years ago. Our colours are garnet and gray, so everyone was wearing red, silver, white, gray, or burgundy. We actually had more people attending the game than MTS. In grade nine our team lost and we also lost this year, but not as badly. Redfeather is actually more of a social event than a football game. There just happens to be a football game going on in the background. I actually had lots of fun today. I find the bus ride over is always more fun than the actual game, but maybe that's just me. It's hard to wrap my head around the fact that this will be my last Redfeather game at SCI. Anyway, so our Redfeather game was today, we lost to MTS (no big surprise there, MTS is ridiculously awesome) and I enjoyed screaming cheers at the other team and taking pictures with my friends all dressed up in our school's colours. It was pretty good day all in all.

Quote of the day:Our attitude towards what has happened to us in life is the important thing to recognize. Once hopeless, my life is now hope-full, but it did not happen overnight. The last of human freedoms, to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances, is to choose one's own way. - Victor Frankl, "Man's Search for Meaning"