Thursday, 30 December 2010

Books and Happy New Year

I have ultimately decided that book stores are the kryptonite to my hard earned univeristy funds. I have just recently gotten back from an AMAZING trip to the book store (really, all trips are amazing) and brought back TWO, count 'em, TWO AMAZING books. I absolutely love bargain books because I pick up a book I would never think to read and go "Hey! Five bucks!" and end up LOVING it. (If my caps is bothering you, SORRY!!!) Anyway, neither of the books I bought were on sale, but they were good prices. And one of my most favourite books of all time was a bargain book (The Cry of the Icemark by Stuart Hill). So the books that I brought home with me today are The Storm Witch by Violette Malan and His Majesty's Dragon by Naomi Novik in the Termaire series. They both sound REALLY good so I'll blog about the results of my reading at a later date. Before those books I have several other books I need to read. They are: Sherlock Holmes by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, A Tale of Two Cities, David Copperfield, Great Expectations, and Oliver Twist by Charles Dickens.

Anyway, to all book lovers and non-book lovers, I wish you all a very happy new year!

Quote of the day: It is not a novel to be thrown aside lightly. It should be thrown aside with great force. - Dorothy Parker