Wednesday, 12 January 2011

Dance Like No One is Watching . . . Except They Are

Today was the first matinee of the South dance show. The theme? Canadian artists/songs called "Home Grown". It was very exciting, since this is my last dance show. It was more of a dress rehearsal since only two schools came to the matinee. Our next matinee is tomorrow and the night show is on Friday. All of the dances I'm in are very good and have great choreography. I have mixed feelings about this last show. I'm sad and happy at the same time. Happy because it means there will be no more stress about this show for me (it will be passed down to the grade 12s next year) and sad because I will no longer see all of my friends. We had such great times in dance class and I enjoyed myself immensely. We've all had laughs and cries and supported each other. I very certain I will cry on Friday since there is so much history between us now. We have truly become a family and ending this semester with the show will be the last we will ever see each other under similar circumstances. I don't regret a single moment of it and I hope everyone enjoys themselves at the show, dancers and audience members alike.

Quote of the day: I just put my feet in the air and move them around. - Fred Astaire