Saturday, 15 January 2011

End of the Show

Yesterday was the night show of "Home Grown" and coincidentally the last time I will ever perform onstage with that group of AMAZING girls (and probably the last time I will perform on stage ever). The end was so sad and we were loving every minute of it and just enjoying ourselves. Before performing the grad dance (the last dance in the show) we all hugged each other and smiled and laughed and got ready to cry our eyes out. My teacher's speech made me cry and I just felt like I would miss that class immensely, even though I'm not a dancer and don't ever plan on being one. Our class went to someone's house afterward and we all just hung out and had fun and enjoyed each other's company. It was an amazing experience for me and I can't believe that I'll never see those girls on stage again!! (At least, after exams I won't see them on that stage again.)

Good luck to the girls going off to dance for their careers and good luck to those who aren't! And remember, it doesn't matter what size or shape you are, you will always be amazing!

Quote of the day:
The dancer's body is simply the luminous manifestation of the soul. - Isadora Duncan