Sunday, 20 March 2011

Back at Last!!!

I have finally returned home from a trip to Orlando, Fla with my family (mom, dad, brother). We stayed at this AMAZING hotel and had TONS OF FUN. We drove down from London (two day drive) and arrived in Orlando at around noon on Sunday March 13. We went shopping, hung out at the pool for two days, went to Epcot (Flower and Garden Festival: incredible!), went to Downtown Disney, Cocoa Beach and did more shopping. We went biking (there were trails all over the hotel land), swimming, tanning and just relaxed. I had soooo much fun!! I LOVED the Flower and Garden Festival at Epcot. It was fantastic. The topiaries were incredibly done and the gardens were positively beautiful! I congratulate everyone who worked on those; it must've taken a long time to do.

And of course, while in Florida there was the earthquake and tsunami in Japan. My heart goes out to those people. It was terrible to see how those people's houses were washed away, their lives were turned upside down and shaken. I sincerely hope that they receive the help they need, that more people are found alive than dead and that Japan can get back on its feet and rebuild itself eventually. Those people have suffered a great loss and it most definitely humbles me and makes me look at my life and appreciate what I've got. Japan, stay strong. You will get through this and survive.

Quote of the day: One reason writers write is out of revenge. Life hurts; certain ideas and experiences hurt; one wants to clarify, set out illuminations, to replay the old bad scenes and get the Treppenworte said -- the words one didn't have the strength or ripeness to say when those words were necessary for one's dignity or survival. - Cynthia Ozik