Saturday, 2 April 2011

Time

It's terribly frightening to realize that in three months I will be writing my highschool exams for the last time. Prom is two months away and we are furiously e-mailing and calling places, trying to find a place where we can go after prom. In less than two months I will be accepting and/or denying university acceptances and in five months I will be attending that university that I have decided to go to. It's all terribly, terribly frightening. Life seems to go by waaaaay too quickly and sometimes I think we all need to take a look around and be grateful for what we have, who we have and where we are. The other night I was thinking to myself, There is no purpose in life. Our purpose it to be. Be alive, be grateful, be-lieve (see what I did there?) We need to thank the universe we are alive. We need to take care of this wonderful planet we live on because it's the only one we've got. And we need to cherish our relationships with others. Our purpose in life is to live. It's as simple as that. Life goes by too quickly not to.

Quote of the day: What lies behind us and what lies ahead of us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us. - Anonymous