Wednesday, 20 July 2011

Contingent Wednesday

I just wanted to take this time to say, "Curse you global warming!!!!" Right now in London, ON, CAN it is 32 degrees Celsius and feels more like 40. (89.6 Fahrenheit and 104). At Grand Bend it is 52 degrees Celsius in the sun (125.6). This is crazy! I remember when I was younger (a lot younger than I am now) and my friends and I would all freak out because it had reached 30 degrees Celsius! Now, we're all freaking out because it's 40 degrees out. Seriously, this is not the weather I was expecting this summer.

In other news, I finally started reading The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien. I have decided that I want to finish all books previously started and unread books by the end of the summer.

This leads me to say, I have finally chosen my courses for next year! I will be attending King's University College and have obtained my schedule. It consists of History (Modern Europe: 1715 to Modern Day), English (Forms of Fiction: Intro to Narrative), Geography (Introduction to Geography), Philosophy (Introduction to Philosophy, Questions of the Day), and Writing (The Writer's Craft). Writing and Questions of the Day are half courses so they count as one course. I am very much excited! But also very much scared . . . Which emotion shall win out? Stay tuned!

Quote of the day: One is taught by experience to put a premium on those few people who can appreciate you for what you are. - Gail Godwin.