Sunday, 31 July 2011

I'm Still Here

Wow has it been a long time since I've blogged! Sorry readers, it's been rather busy and I can be a little forgetful at times. I couldn't blog for the third week of the Blogfest because I was not ready to query, so I thought I'd take a week off from blogging. I was going to be working for six hours straight for six days in a row for TWO weeks so I knew I wouldn't have much time. Then, I meant to blog this past week because I could blog for the Blogfest! And then I forgot. Big surprise there!

ANYWHO! I got back from a wonderful trip to Mackinaw City and Mackinac Island in Michigan this afternoon and I miss the island! It is positively gorgeous and completely awesome, especially if you're into biking and history. It's basically an island where you cannot take any motorized thing. You bike. Or ride horses. No skateboards, no roller blades, just bikes. It's kind of awesome like that. And the scenery is beautiful!!!! (Sorry for all the italics, just want to put an emphasis on all this awesome stuff :) ) I highly suggest going to this island. And it is pronounced Mack-in-aw Island, just so nobody gives you a weird look and whispers "tourist" under their breath. I've been twice now and learned the first time that the locals will give you weird looks and will correct you to your face. Be prepared.

Quote of the day: My favourite thing is to go where I have never been. - Diane Arbus