Saturday, 24 September 2011

Today's the Day!

"The sun is shining, the tank is clean . . . THE TANK IS CLEAN!!!" Oh Finding Nemo, you always make me smile.

Today I am (finally) turning 18! That means I can vote, I am legally an adult and that's just about it. BUT, I'm excited because there is a voting session coming up in October so I can vote this year! For my birthday I'm going to go see Lion King 3D in theatres (it's my childhood!) with my best friend Borris (her name isn't actually Borris) and then we're heading over to my house for dinner and cake and fun times with the famdamily. I'm really excited! I've loved Lion King ever since it came out, which was a year after I was born. It was the first Disney movie I ever saw and it's stuck with me ever since. We own Lion King on VHS and DVD, Lion King 2 on VHS and Lion King 1 1/2 on DVD. My family also saw Lion King the musical while it was playing in Toronto. I've decided I'm wearing the necklace I bought from that show today to the movie because I am that cool.

What do you like to do on your birthday?

Quote of the day: Our birthdays are feathers in the broad wing of time. - Jean Paul Richter