Saturday, 5 November 2011

Unfortunately, I'm an Un-Finisher

I really don't want to use the term "quitting". This vegan challenge was proving to be so difficult for me that I decided I had to stop. Meat and animal byproducts are such a huge part of my diet (they pretty much are my diet) that I was starting to feel sick after quitting meat and byproducts. I don't like to think of it as quitting, just as something I won't end up finishing. I find I now have a new-found respect for vegans and vegetarians alike. It was so difficult to switch and I understand how strong of a will-power they must posses! Anyone who is doing the vegan challenge, keep going at it! If you start feeling sick, then maybe you should allow yourself to break it once in a while just so your body isn't completely devoid of all the nutrients and vitamins you were obtaining through your normal, everyday diet before the challenge. Stay strong!

Quote of the day: Where there's a will, there's a way. - English Proverb