Monday, 5 December 2011

Freefall Writing

Today was my last creative writing class this year. I really am going to miss it, it was tons and tons of fun! I will definitely be sending in a portfolio in order to continue taking it next year. I hope to have a minor in creative writing and a major in English language and literature. So, as a last exercise in my creative writing class, my professor had us do some freefall writing stuff. I wanted to post it here because it has stuff to do about writing and how I feel about it. I edited the grammar and spelling because that stuff bugs me a lot when it's incorrect. Each one has something to do with writing.

As a beginner I am nervous about what will happen in the future. Where will this take me? Will I enjoy it? Will I succeed? Of course I hopt to succeed, no one wants to fail, unless they're odd. But then, there is no such thing as normal so everyone is odd! But I still hope to succeed. I want to write large epic fantasy novels and become a household name, like Tolkien (my favourite author!)

As a writer I am very determined to enjoy what I write and read about. If I don't enjoy the topic then why should anyone else enjoy it? I want to be able to express myself and take my mind to other places. I want to enjoy the experience and feel as though it is real. That's what reading and writing are all about after all.

As I writer I want to become wealthy and well-known. But I know this probably won't happen. Most writers have a second job because writing alone doesn't make much money. So along with writing I want to become a publisher or an editor of novels. Everyone always thinks of magazines or newspapers when I say that, but I don't want to do that at all!


As a writer, what are you? As a beginner, what are you? As a writer, what do you want?

Quote of the day: Advice is like snow-the softer it falls, the longer it dwells upon, and the deeper it sinks into the mind. - Samuel Taylor Coleridge