Friday, 16 December 2011

Vacation Time

My appologies for the lack of blogging. I have been super busy with my midyear exams. They are done now and I have three and a half weeks before I go back to school. Yesterday was the first day of vacation, but I was out most of the day doing errands so I'm counting today as the first day of vacation. I look forward to finishing Oliver Twist by Charles Dickens and two other books one of my new friends lent me. I also plan on catching up on my readings and typing up all of my notes, not to mention working! Yup, it sounds like it's going to be a pretty busy holiday.

Unfortunately, my creative writing class has ended since it was only a half course. If I want to continue taking the course next year, I have to submit a protfolio by the end of February, which I intend to do! I got my final portfolio back from my professor and she had really good feedback for me. She said I should develop my characters a bit more and that my short stories sounded more like the beginnings of novels. I never was very good at writing short stories . . .

Anyway, happy holidays to all! I'll try to blog more this holiday. Eat lots of good food and enjoy time with family!

Quote of the day: Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past or present are certain to miss the future. - John Fitzgerald Kennedy