Sunday, 8 January 2012

Regularity and a Grammar Rant

I have decided I want to blog more this year so I think I will blog every Wednesday (the day with the least amount of school).

This is also a rant on some lack of grammar/spelling in a book I recently read. The book will remain anonymous throughout this post. I find that, being an English student, I am really picky with grammar and spelling. It really bothers me when people make grammar/spelling mistakes, especially when it's something you're taught your entire life (i.e. there, their, they're, your, you're, it's, its, etc). I do make mistakes sometimes too, but I always try to fix them before handing in anything final for essays, resumes, and assignments. Even when I'm texting I use correct spelling/grammar. I completely understand if there is one or two grammar/spelling mistakes in a novel I'm reading because we can't always catch everything. But this book had upwards of five mistakes and it was really starting to bother me. What's even worse is that this book has been out for four years now, so they've had plenty of time to catch mistakes and fix them if they chose to. I just hope that the rest of the series has much better grammar/spelling than this first book.

And I suppose that's the end of my rant! Have a good week.

Quote of the day: No iron can pierce the heart with such force as a period put just at the right place. - Isaac Babel