Wednesday, 1 February 2012

Research

I have a 2000 word essay on the Irish Famine due in March so the crack down has begun on getting my research done. I've finished taking notes from one book and have seven left. It's actually pretty interesting what happened during that time. There were so many things that can be applied as story ideas or events. The famine itself could be turned into a fictional story taking place in some other world. My mother's family is Irish so I immediately chose the famine as my topic for me essay.

Research for writing is also a really good idea, in my opinion. I like to write fantasy taking place in historical eras from earth's history in a new world. I have done quite a bit of research on clothing, governments, transportation, verbage, and more. The more information I can call upon, the more realistic the world I've created will be.

Quote of the day: Perhaps I am doomed to retrace my steps under the illusion that I am exploring, doomed to try and learn what I should simply recognize, learning a mere fraction of what I have forgotten. - Andre Breton