Monday, 14 May 2012

Random Act of Kindness BLITZ!

Happy monday everyone. Each day people interact with us, help, and make our day a bit brighter and full. This is especially true in the Writing Community. Take a second to think about writers you know, like the critique partner who works with you to improve your manuscript. The writing friend who listens, supports and keeps you strong when times are tough. The author who generously offers council, advice and inspiration when asked. So many people take the time to make us feel special, don't they? They comment on our blogs, re-tweet our posts, chat with us on forums and wish us Happy Birthday on Facebook.


Kindness ROCKS!
To commemorate the release of their book The Emotion Thesaurus, Becca and Angela at The Bookshelf Muse are hosting a TITANIC Random Act Of Kindness BLITZ. And because I think KINDNESS is contagious, I'm participating too!

I am Blitzing TWO authors because they both have had a huge impact on my writing: J. R. R. Tolkien and Kristin Cashore. Although Tolkien has passed on he has still had a huge influence on the writerly world and an ENORMOUS impact on my writing. The way he wrote The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings and the various themes are important to me. I'm happy to know that there are novels out there that aren't solely dedicated to love. There are books about friendship, struggle, generic good vs. evil. They may be simple themes, but I find they are the easiest to relate to. Tolkien, for my ROAK gift, I'm offering to review not just The Hobbit in time for the movie being released this December, but also both Hobbit movies in relation to the novel. I really appreciate his writing and although there is no Tolkien blog that is non-fan based, there is a website here. If you have a minute, stop by and look around! There are so many books he wrote that have gone completely unnoticed because of his Lord of the Rings legacy. Kristin Cashore is very much alive. I love how her novels are about powerful women who don't depend on men and are not stereotypical at all. It's refreshing to read about women who don't need a man to be happy. Kristin, for my RAOK gift, I'm offering to review Bitterblue for you and/or critique any future work! I really appreciate Kristin's work, who does have a blog here. I would greatly appreciate it if you could stop in and tell her how awesome she is!




Do you know someone special that you'd like to randomly acknowledge? Don't be shy--come join us and celebrate! Send them an email, give them a shout out, or show your appreciation in another way. Kindness makes the world go round. :)
Becca and Angela have a special RAOK gift waiting for you as well, so hop on over to The Bookshelf Muse to pick it up.

Have you ever participated in or been the recipient of a Random Act Of Kindness?  Let me know in the comments!