Monday, 28 May 2012

Rhubarb-Buttermilk Tea Cake

Oh. My. Goodness. I cannot understand why I haven't been introduced to this cake before! It's really amazing. I've never had rhubarb before (that I can recall) but my mom brought some home from school the other day and I thought I'd try out this recipe I found in Chatelaine. Last night my dad cooked some rhubarb and we had it with ice cream. Suffice it to say that it was one of the best things I've ever had. And I've eaten a lot of good food before. Anyway, I thought I would share my results with you in picture form.


A peek inside the oven reveals . . . a cake browning wonderfully!


The glaze. 1 cup icing sugar + 6 teaspoons lemon juice


The unglazed cake. Looks pretty good!


Glazed cake.


The recipe from last month's Chatelaine magazine.


Another picture of the glazed cake. The glaze has had a bit more time to dry.


A big gooey mess! It tasted AMAZING. The only thing was that I forgot to add the 1/4 teaspoon salt, and I think this gooey mess might have something to do with it . . . It still tasted great though, so I'm not complaining.


Quote of the day: I think it's good for a person to spend time alone. It gives them an opportunity to discover who they are and to figure out why they are always alone. - Amy Sedaris

P.S. Don't forget to enter my giveaway! I'm giving away Graceling by Kristin Cashore and The Hobbit by J. R. R. Tolkien, along with four bookmarks.