Monday, 18 June 2012

7 Things for 7 Days


Louise on Sprinkle of Glitter is doing an interactive 7 Things for 7 Days June on her blog. Basically you set yourself seven goals for seven days, or seven goals for the month, year, basically however long you want it to span. I'm going for the seven days thing. Your goals can be big, small, in between, basically anything you want to achieve. And it's for FUN so you don't have to feel as though it's something you must do at a certain time on a certain day, etc, etc.

Here are my seven goals:

1. Write a minimum of 500 words per day for Camp NaNoWriMo. I've fallen behind and need to catch up, even if I don't end up finishing by the end of the month!

2. Take a spa day. I found this awesome website that has tons of DIY facials, masks, scrubs, etc. I will post results and recipes on here.

3. Cook a healthy dinner for the family. I've been baking a lot and my mom said she wants me to try to make something healthy, aka not a cake or fruity loaf. This could be a challenge.

4. Paint. I bought a watercolour sketchpad and a waterproof pen, all I need to do is restock my watercolours and I'll be good to go!

5. Switch up my workout routine. It's gotten kind of blah recently and I don't think my body is responding quite like it did when I started going to the gym at the beginning of May.

6. Take a DIY day. I found this awesome website that has tons of cool DIY jewellery, which would save me money!

7. Enjoy the outdoors. I've actually done this a few times last week but I thought that since the weather is getting really nice I should enjoy more of it outside, rather than cooped up inside, weather permitting of course.

My goals are going to span over seven days and I think I might do this every week if it works out! Or every month, depending on my mood. I'm hoping to do every week so that I'm productive this summer. Anyone can join in! Just head on over to her blog and check it out if you're interested to see what you need to do. I will be starting my 7 Things for 7 Days next monday so that I have a full week to get everything done. This week I will obtain my supplies.

Quote of the day: O, to be sure, we laugh less and play less and wear uncomfortable disguises like adults, but beneath the costume is the child we always are, whose needs are simple, whose daily life is still best described by fairy tales. - Leo Rosten