Thursday, 7 June 2012

Camp NaNoWriMo

I know I haven't posted in a while, but I just wanted to give you guys an update. I've decided to take part in Camp NaNoWriMo for June since when I tried in November when it was actually NaNoWriMo I had way too much school work to even try to work on it. I've been loving it so far. I have all of June off of school and work so I can dedicate a lot of time to this and actually spend time working on my WIP. I kind of cheated by having it already started before Camp, but I was bad and didn't write for a week so I'm where I would be if I had written 1000 words a day. I feel that since Camp NaNoWriMo is taking place in June there's a lot less stress and it seems much more fun (not that it didn't seem fun in November). I highly suggest it, it's great fun! You get put into a cabin with 5 other writers and can write to each other for advice. You can always switch out of your cabin if you don't like it. You can send a letter home (because people need to know you're alive and well) and there are are tons of things to help you out. Camp also takes place in August so if you're a little slow on the uptake you can always try it out then too!

Quote of the day: What she was finding also was how one book led to another, doors kept opening wherever she turned and the days weren't long enough for the reading she wanted to do. - Alan Bennett