Monday, 2 July 2012

7 Things for 7 Days Update

I decided to do a post on my successes and failures of my 7 Things for 7 Days. I did manage to do 5 out of the 7 things I had wanted to do, which is actually a lot more than I had expected to get done. I wrote a minimum of 1000 words per day for Camp NaNoWriMo, even though my goal had been 500 and I didn't end up making the goal of 50 000 words by June 30. Instead of doing a DIY spa day, my mom took me to an aesthetics school, where I received a pedicure. It was really nice and relaxing, a perfect way to end my Wednesday. For my workout routine I took a yoga class at my local YMCA on Monday and Thursday, as well as upping the ante by increasing weights. For my DIY day I DIY-ed some jean shorts. I enjoyed the outdoors a lot. Actually all this weekend I enjoyed it, as well as in bits and pieces last week. On my way home from yoga in the morning with my brother we walked home from the YMCA through a forest behind our yard and I took lots of pictures with my phone of interesting flowers that I thought were uncommon back there.

I did not cook a meal or end up painting this week. I actually had so many other things to do that I hadn't realized were happening this week that I just couldn't get around to doing them. I think that the next time I do this I will make sure I have absolutely NOTHING planned for the week so that I know my goals will be done, or expand my time limit to two weeks or a whole month.

Quote of the day: Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious . . . and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths. - Walt Disney