Saturday, 4 August 2012

Chicago, IL Day 5

Chicago, IL Day 5: Thursday

We got up around 8:30 and ate at, you guessed it, Tempo Cafe. This time I ordered the 3 eggs any style to get some variation from the French toast. My 'any style' was overeasy, my favourite style of egg. I found this morning that the service wasn't as good and the eggs weren't that great. The first two times we ate at Tempo we had the same waitress, but this time we had a different one. One of my eggs wasn't fully cooked and my hashbrowns were only slightly warm. This was a big disappointment because I loved the French toast so much. I will say this, the toast was really good.


After eating we took the 10 to the Museum of Science and Industry. The 10 was a specific bus for the museum that went straight there, although many other people took the bus simply to get where they were going.


Brother in front of train model from Chicago to Seattle.

U-505


Tornado
While there we saw the Mythbusters exhibit. I was actually very disappointed with the exhibit. It was very small and not as interesting as I thought it would be. Basically what you did was try to bust the myths that they had done on the show, such as running in the rain.

Mythbusters!!
I was actually pretty disappointed with the entire museum as a whole, aside from the Omnimax which was a giant spherical movie theatre that really immersed you. I thought that the Science Museum of Ontario and the National Museum of Science and Technology are better are both better than this museum, as well as being Canadian. You have to pay simply to get in to the museum, and then if you actually want to see anything interesting you have to pay to see each of those entertainments, which adds up fast.

When we were done there we took the 10 back. We got off near the Hard Rock Cafe and ate there for dinner. I ordered a lemonade and a classic 6 oz. burger. It was good food and service, as usual. We then walked back to the Gap, did some shopping, and headed back to the hotel.

Quote of the day: A smile is the chosen vehicle of all ambiguities. - Herman Melville