Thursday, 23 August 2012

Gearing Up To Get An Agent Blogfest Year 2

I am excited. Do you know why? Deana Barnhart is doing the Gearing Up to Get an Agent Blogfest for the second time. This time it is happening in September rather than July, like it did last year. This is a great way to meet new writers, ask people questions, and make new friends in the blogosphere. I met tons of writers, published and unpublished, last year and had a blast.

This year it's going to be bigger and better than ever. Each week there will be an event. You can sign up for the entire month or each week separately. Since this year it is occurring during the start of my school year, I'll probably stick to signing up to each week separately since there is just so much going on in that first month of university.

There will also be random drawings for prizes throughout the month, which is always great, and there will be an agent pitch contest. Deana has got 8 agents this year who will accept Adult, YA, and MG. There will also be a small publishing house pitch contest.

This is still technically a blog hop, so there are tons of blogs signed up already. You can check out their links to say hi, follow them early, or visit old friends if you were a part of this blogfest last year. You can sign up here.

Quote of the day: I have never listened to anyone who criticized my taste in space travel, sideshows or gorillas. When this occurs, I pack up my dinosaurs and leave the room. - Ray Bradbury