Wednesday, 5 June 2013

Getting Fit

In my last post I mentioned how I'm trying to get fit by going to the gym and doing exercises. Today's post I want to elaborate a bit on that. When I go to the gym I like to divide up my time, 30 minutes of cardio and 30 minutes of strength (aka weight machines). I find Pinterest has been a great motivator for getting healthy. I have a board strictly for exercises and healthy snacks/foods/drinks called Health. Creative, I know.

Recently, while looking up exercise pins, I discovered pins from the website Blogilates. It's an awesome website with exercise plans and healthy food posts. Cassey also has a Youtube channel here. The videos are really helpful and enjoyable. I seriously enjoyed the Psy Gentleman video. Here it is for your enjoyment. I think it's absolutely hilarious. Cassey is one of those people who just really makes you want to workout and have fun! There are tons of videos to check out, so if you want to get fit too, or simply add to whatever you're doing, I definitely recommend checking out her videos.


Along with cardio and strength, I also really enjoy doing yoga. It's a great way to work your muscles, stretch, and calm your mind all at the same time. I find the different instructors at my gym to be really helpful and they can help you with your movements if you need it. They're all about making it comfortable for you because it's no fun to do yoga, or any exercise, when you're in pain. You just have to make sure what you're doing isn't injuring your body. 

If you have any suggestions or comments, let me know. I'd love to hear what you guys are doing to be healthy. 

Quote of the day: Do your thing and don't care if they like it. - Tina Fey