Saturday, 22 June 2013

Success

For those of you read my last post about a disturbing project that had been created on Kickstarter, I just wanted to share some amazing news for you. We have won! Kickstarter has issued an apology (which you can read here) stating that they were wrong. They have also stated that they will be donating $25 000 to RAINN, which is an anti-sexual violence organization. The only bad news that I have to report is that the creator of the project on Kickstarter, Ken Hoinsky, has already received the over $16 000 in funding from the over 700 backers. But, as I said, this is still a victory. Kickstarter has discovered their mistake and don't plan on making it in the future. If any of you helped spread the word and reported the project, thank you. Everyone who brought Kickstarter's attention to what the content was and what the guide was truly about was immensely helpful.

I hope this never happens again, and if it does, the correct action is taken against it.

Quote of the day: It was always the view of my parents . . . that hot weather encouraged loose morals among young people. - Ian McEwan