Wednesday, 24 September 2014

21!

Today I am finally 21! Even though 20 is a pretty big number (I mean I finally got out of my teens, and started my third decade - eek!) I feel like 21 is an even bigger milestone. Mainly because in the States that means I'm legal (despite being legal at 19 in Canada - can I get a whoop whoop!). But this is also because this is the age I will graduate it.

This is my fourth and final year at university as an undergraduate student. Anything beyond that, I will be considered a "mature" student, or a "graduate". And since my birthday is so late in the year, I will actually be 21 when I graduate next Spring. How scary is that?

I'm intimidated, but also really excited. I have an idea of what direction I want to head in and what I want to do with my life, but who knows if this will actually turn out. I could end up journaling on the other side of the world for all I know. And that's great! The unknown is very scary, and I'm definitely scared of change, but I really faced that fear when I turned 20 (and had a bit of a mid-university crisis) so I'm okay with being 21. This just means that I'm ready for whatever is going to come at me and wherever the wind will take me.

I'm excited to see what my twenties will bring. Who I'll meet, where I'll go, what I'll see. There's so much out there that opens up to you once you've finished a post-secondary education and you're finally ready for "the real world".

So I hope you guys will stick with me on this journey of discovery.

Quote of the day: Not all those who wander are lost. - J. R. R. Tolkien