Thursday, 1 January 2015

New Years Resolutions

Happy New Year everyone! It is officially 2015 and I can't wait to see what this year will bring. I spent last night ringing in the new year with friends, and random drunkards, as is typical in one's twenties. I think next year I'll do something at home, where I can actually hear what my friends are saying and not worry about anyone spiking my drink.

Of course, with the new year come the New Year Resolutions. I am determined to pick a few resolutions and really focus on making them come true.

1. Stay active. I'm doing pretty well right now following Cassey Ho's Blogilates videos 5 days a week, which is easy since she puts out a calendar for each month. I would recommend this if anyone is looking to get into working out but doesn't necessarily want to pay to go to the gym. It's a great way to work out at home and stick to resolutions. This month I'm going to follow Adriene's 30 Days of Yoga and do Cassey's 30 Day Ab Challenge to get into fitness again after all those holiday meals.

2. Write more. This is something I really want to dedicate myself to. I have a WIP that I've been working on for three years now. This year and last year I really got out of the writing groove. I just haven't been in the mood and I seem to be stuck. But I really want to finish it by the end of the year by working on it a little at a time.

3. Work at Disney. This has become such a huge goal of mine since discovering the Walt Disney Company on Linkedin and seeing all the job opportunities available. They have internships and seasonal jobs so I'm just going to apply to everything. This is something that I'm not going to kill myself over because I know there's so much competition and I'm still trying to finish school.

4. Graduate. This is something that will inevitably happen since this is my last year. The struggle will be really trying and making sure I keep up my grades for my last four months. I'm so ready to be done school, so this is something I'll be so happy to finish.

5. Blog more. This needs to happen. Whenever I get an idea for something, pick up products, or finish a book, I'm going to try to blog about it and maintain my presence here.

What are your New Years Resolutions? Do you think you'll be able to keep them? Are there any steps you're taking to keep them? Let me know in the comments below!

Quote of the day: You have everything needed for the extravagant journey that is your life. - Carlos Castenada