Sunday, 1 March 2015

Good Bye Winter!



Am I the only one who's tired of winter?? Where I am we have about three-four feet of snow and it's positively freezing. We've been breaking records all over the place the past two months, and it's making it difficult to dress even remotely cute. Sweaters and leggings are the new uniform if I want to stay warm and cozy.

Since I've been getting stir crazy and we're all lacking in the vitamin D department I thought I would share some things I've been doing to make me feel a bit better.

1. Plan a trip. I'm actually planning a trip to Greece for May, which is so exciting! It'll be my first time leaving North America and it's going to be pretty awesome! But, you guys don't need to actually plan anything. Just wanderlusting makes dealing with the winter a bit more bearable. You can find so many interesting places to visit on Pinterest (you can check out my travel board here) or you can also go on actual travel websites.

2. Do something new. Last year my boyfriend introduced me to snowboarding. This helped me get out of the house, plus it's something fun for the two of us to do together. The other day he also got me to go rock climbing. Anyone who knows me knows I'm scared of heights, but this was so fun! There's a rock climbing gym in my city that we went to and you don't have to use a harness. There are smaller walls that you can climb and jump off or climb back down. I was actually jumping off of the top of these walls, which is something I didn't think I'd be doing. Trying something new is a great distraction from the fact that there's no grass and it's -30 degrees out. It doesn't have to be anything physical either. It can be going to a museum or visiting another city, anything at all!

3. Treat yourself. Two words. Spa. Day. It's such a great idea to treat yourself when you're feeling blah. There are so many different face/hair masks you can try out on Pinterest (you can see my beauty board here) or on beauty blogs. Take a bubble bath. I'm not much of a bath person (I'd rather have a shower) but when I know I have the time to, I like to have a nice bubble bath to relax. Lush has some amazing bath products that help make a bath fun and relaxing! Watch a movie that you really love. Eat some popcorn or have any treat you like. This is the time to throw away your cares and do what you want.

4. Read. This is a great way to travel without leaving the comfort of your armchair. Books are such a great way to relax and get away from all the freezing snow. Any book can do this! I'm stuck reading textbooks and novels for my classes right now, but when I have a chance I love to read some fantasy (you can check out my Goodreads page here).

I hope you guys are having a great day! Let me know what you like to do to distract from all of the yucky weather.

Quote of the day: Believe in life! Always human beings will progress to greater, broader, and fuller life. - W. E. B. Du Bois