Monday, 1 June 2015

Greece Day 1

Greece Day 1, Sunday

Hello everyone! Long time no post. I have finally (FINALLY) graduated from university so as a treat for ourselves, two of my friends and I decided to go to Greece for two weeks to celebrate. We booked a package through Transat (which is a Montreal based travel company). The plan was Athens for two nights, Mykonos for three nights, Santorini for three nights, Crete for three nights, and Rhodes for three nights. I think was great for our first time travelling Europe sans parents because Transat took care of travel to and from the islands/hotels and helped us book tours at each of the destinations. This was my first time leaving North America so I was very excited, but also very nervous. I definitely overpacked, but I feel like it's better to be safe than sorry. If you guys want me to do a post on packing for a long trip like that, then let me know in the comments. I definitely learned some things from this trip about packing and travelling!

So our first day of our trip was Sunday May 10th. Our flight was at 2:40pm so we had some time in the morning to make sure we were all packed. My parents volunteered to drive the three of us to the airport because we were flying out of Toronto and the city I live in is two hours away from there.

It was a quick ride because we were all anxious and talking about the trip.

We got to the airport in decent time and got through security easily enough. We discovered a David's Tea at Pearson International Airport, which was awesome! I tried out an iced Pink Flamingo tea and it was delicious.

The airline we flew with was Air Transat since that's who we booked through, and the plane was so cool! They had mood lighting that changed when it was morning and evening so you weren't thrown off too much. The dinner was pretty gross (I had a chicken and rice curry) and the breakfast was just a slice of banana bread (also pretty gross). They had non-stop movies though so I watched The Theory of Everything, which was amazing, and The Imitation Game, which was also amazing, as well as reading some Lord of the Rings. I only got two hours of sleep, but it was better than nothing!

Quote of the day: I would rather walk with a friend in the dark, than alone in the light. - Helen Keller